INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT RAMADHAAN FAST
- If intent was made in the previous night
then the fast of Ramadhaan on the following morning world be
in order. If it was not resolved in the night to keep fast nor in the morning had any
intention but when the day had advanced it struck to him that not keeping an
obligatory fast would be a sin and so resolved then, even then the fast is in order
prodded nothing was eaten or drunk.
- If nothing has been eaten or drunk in the morning, then the intent
made an hour before mid-day would be in order.
- To keep the fast of the month of Ramadhaan only so much resolve is
enough that one is fasting that day or if went to sleep in the previous night intending to
keep fast next day, the fast would be in order. The fast would also be in order even if
the idea that it was the fast of Ramadhaan or an obligatory fast was not in mind.
- If during the Ramadhaan anyone intended that next
day he / She would keep a Nafl fast instead of an obligatory, even then
it would be counted as Ramadhaan fast.
- If anyone had omitted fast in the last Ramadhaan , and could not observe
it till the next Ramadhaan came and kept with the intent of omitted fast, even then it
would be a Ramadhaan fast and not an omitted one. The omitted fast should be kept after
- One had vowed that if he succeeds in. certain aim he will keep
fast for Allah and during the month of Ramadhaan resolved to keep the fast of vow and not
of. Ramadhaan then it which should be observed after Ramadhaan. During the month of
Ramadhaan whatever other kind of fast is resolved, it will always remain a fast of the
- If the new moon is visible on 29th of Shabaan, then fast
should be observed next day. But if it is not visible on 29th then no fast should be
kept next day as it is prohibited according to Traditions. Fasting should begin after
completing the 30 days of Shabaan.
- If the moon was not visible on 29th of Shabaan on account of
clouds then Nafl fast should not be kept next day. But if one is used to keep
fast on certain fixed days and the next day happens to be the same day, then a fast with
intent of Nafl fast may be observed and if during the day the visibility of moon is
confirmed from somewhere else, then this fast will become a Ramadhaan fast.
- If the moon was not visible on 29th of Shabaan due to clouds, then
nothing should be eaten or drunk till an hour before mid-day and if the visibility of moon
is confirmed from somewhere else, then the fast should be resolved but if it is not
confirmed then eating etc. is allowed.
- If the new moon was not visible on the 29th of Sha'baan then it
should not be taken that as there will be no Ramadhaan next day and a postponed fast may
be kept or a fast of a vow be kept. To observe a postponed fast or a vow on that day
is execrable. But if anyone keeps such a fast and the visibility of moon is confirmed,
then the fast would be counted as Ramadhaan fast and the postponed or the fait of a
vow should be. kept after Ramadhaan. If the appearance of moon is not confirmed then fast
will be as it was intended.
VISIBILITY OF MOON